CSI Community Education Summer Camps COVID-19 Saftey Plan
We will do all camp planning fluidly, knowing that an increase in virus activity could
move us to a more strict Idaho Reopens phase and more stringent guidelines from
South Central District Health that could result in cancelling or altering these camp and
will abide by these changes.
- All camp participants (campers, volunteers, parents, administration, and teachers)
will be required to wear a face covering that covers both mouth and nose
- Disposable masks will be available in adult and child sizes to have on hand if a
camper forgets their mask
- Outdoor mask breaks will be provided if needed
- Parents will be given all of the Covid safety protocol prior to camp and will be
asked to review the rules with their children prior to drop-off. Camp faculty and
discuss social distancing with students and teach and reinforce hand hygiene and
etiquette. Distancing will be maintained as much as possible, classes will be taken
outside when appropriate, and activities with large gatherings will be avoided.
- The Theater Camp end-of-camp production will be held in the CSI Fine Arts
Auditorium, which allows seating for 925 patrons. Each camper will be allowed two
audience members, who will be required to sit every other row and with two empty
seats between each couple. This will allow for the proper distancing for the
forecasted 200 audience members in the 925 seat venue for the regular camp and 70
for the junior camp. The shows will be limited to 30 minutes in length.
- Camp check-ins will be moved outside when possible with multiple check=in tables for
large camps. Signage will be placed to remind parents to keep their distance from
other parents. Staff will be on hand to help ensure the distancing is kept.
Exposure or Symptoms
- Individuals who exhibit signs of an infection the week of the camp should stay home
for the rest of the camp.
- Should the symptoms develop at camp, the student will be isolated until he or she
can be picked up.
Food and Beverages
- Students will be asked to not bring any snacks to the camp
- For Theater Camp, the only camp that has a lunch break, students will be escorted
outside to eat on the CSI lawn
- Students will be asked to bring their own water bottles to camp
- Water bottle stations will be cleaned and disinfected regularly
- If a half-day camp features snacks provided by the camp, campers will be escorted
outside to eat
- Kitchen Academy students will eat their completed dishes outside
Signs and Messages
- Covid-safety signs will be posted in highly visible locations (e.g., at entrances
and exits, in hallways, and in restrooms) that promote everyday protective measures
describe how to stop the spread of germs such as by properly washing hands, properly
wearing a mask, and going home if sick.
- Six foot positioning distancing signs will be placed for the check-in processes.
- Classroom doors will be kept open whenever possible to minimize the use of doorknobs
by staff and students and to help with airflow.
- When possible, classes will be taken outside.
- Ventilation systems have been adjusted to bring in more outside air at all times
heating and cooling systems are operating. Systems are programmed to start operating
several hours before buildings are occupied.
- HVAC air filters have been upgraded from MERV 8 to MERV 13.
- There are 300 dry hydrogen peroxide machines deployed on campus (approximately 1 for
every 3,300 sf of indoor space). They provide a concentration of individual O2H2
molecules in the air that destroy viruses in the air and on surfaces.
Cleaning Throughout the Day
- Check all soap dispensers to make sure they are supplied with soap.
- Check paper towel dispensers throughout the day to make sure they are adequately
- Check all hand sanitizer dispensers in hallways and classrooms to make sure they are
supplied with hand sanitizer
- Clean and disinfect all high-touch surfaces.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day as needed in each
Daily Cleaning - Classroom
- Empty all trash and replace liners as needed
- Clean whiteboards (Use proper whiteboard cleaner)
- Disinfect sinks, countertops, and all hard surfaces. (approved disinfectant)
Daily Cleaning - Restrooms
- Clean toilets and urinals with toilet bowl cleaner. (nightly)
- Clean and disinfect sinks, walls behind sinks, and stall doors. (nightly)
- Sweep and mop with disinfectant. (nightly)
- Clean all mirrors with window cleaner. (nightly)
Daily Cleaning - Hallways
- Clean and disinfect all high-touch surfaces. (nightly)
- Sweep or vacuum hallways. (nightly)
- Teachers and staff will wipe down hard surfaces, manipulatives, supplies, etc.
throughout the day and between camps with disinfectant and limit shared items that
may be difficult to clean or disinfect.
- The CSI Maintenance staff will support healthy hygiene by providing supplies
including soap, paper towels, toilet tissues, and disinfecting wipes
- Hand-sanitizing stations are placed in high traffic areas in each building on